Sales Training Perils
Presented by Andrea Ahlsen - Homesite Insurance.
Sales Training is a fun, dynamic field yet as trainer within the insurance field; we face some very unique challenges. Are you experiencing catastrophic perils in your classroom? Join SITE members and guests to get the answers to these questions:
- How do you reel in those who would rather be out selling than in class, your prisoners?
- How do you handle the wandering attention span of the vacationers in class, those who are there to get out of doing something else?
- How do you capitalize on those who really want to learn without having classroom domination, the sponges?
This session will deal with issues including the following:
- The focus on “price only” distractions during the curriculum.
- Productivity-reducing behavior such as texting, sidebars or wandering attention.
- Linking the relevancy of what you are teaching to the big picture, connecting the dots.
- Domination by one or two people in the room.
- Handling the sales agent who vocalizes not needing training or irrelevancy.
Andrea M. Ahlsén is an Adult Educator and Organizational Development Though Leader with over 20 years of experience in the Learning and Development profession. Her specialties include: leadership development, customer service development, coaching, proprietary systems training, sales training, distance learning, train-the-trainer and rapid instructional design. Andrea has worked for organizations such as TransUnion, Waubonsee Community College, Career Education Corporation, Redbox, Oakwood and is currently a Trainer for Homesite Insurance in Phoenix, AZ. In addition, she has also done contract design and facilitation work for BCBSIL, CNA Insurance and Liberty Mutual Insurance.
Andrea holds a BA from Northern Illinois University, an MS in Management and Organizational Behavior from Benedictine University, an MA in Adult Education from National-Louis University and has numerous certifications. Andrea is a member of ASTD National and SITE.